According to research, the global ATV and UTV market will reach 13.115 billion US dollars by 2032 at a CAGR of 4.64% during the forecast period 2023-2032. Of this, more than 40% of the market belongs to North America.
And why shouldn’t they? After all, the majority of these vehicles are used for recreational, sports, agricultural, and other utilities, and in the military & defense sectors. So, if you happen to own one, that won’t be shocking. But for your ATV, you must get a dedicated parking space. Searching online is one of the best methods to find out which shed will suit you.
So, finally, after thorough research on all-terrain vehicle sheds, you have come to the conclusion of getting a metal ATV storage shed. But what possible features you must look out for? Although you can list down countless options in your wish list, we have narrowed it down to five basics that are required for your ATV storage building. So, let’s start with the first one.
Following Are The Top 5 Features That You Must Consider In An ATV Storage Shed
While considering various ATV shed ideas, the top priority must be given to the dimensions of the metal garage. For example, to store a standard-size ATV (width approx. 4 ft. and length around 7 ft.), you can choose a metal shed of the following sizes.
12 ft. x 21 ft. x 8 ft.: $5,470
But to store two or more ATVs or one ATV with some storage space, you can choose:
- 24 ft. x 30 ft. x 9 ft.: $11,035
- 24 ft. x 30 ft. x 9 ft.: $12,065 (vertical full enclosed)
- 30 ft. x 40 ft. x 10 ft.: $15,685 (garage with a porch)
Note: All the prices are taken from the website and are subject to availability, location, and current steel market price.
2. Foundation & Flooring
Like any other building, a solid base is essential when you are considering ATV shed ideas. But how could you possibly know which foundation to pick? Here’s a little guide to picking the correct foundation.
2.1 dirt and gravel type foundation
- You live in a relatively moderate climate throughout the year.
- You just want to store your ATV in the metal shed.
- There is no heavy rain, soil drifting, or snowfall.
- Go for it, as it is cheap & won’t take much time to install.
2.2 asphalt type foundation
- Your soil underneath may slide away due to rain.
- You experience occasional rain and snowfall.
- There isn’t much you want to do with the metal shed except parking your ATV and keeping some items.
2.3 concrete slab foundation
- Your area experiences weather changes a lot.
- You may want to repurpose your metal garage ATV in the future for some other purpose.
- You want to store heavy machines and equipment in your metal ATV shed.
- Go for concrete – it is expensive compared to the above two; however, it will bear most of the load and is extremely durable of them all.
Now, it may happen that you were browsing Pinterest, and you have an ATV shed idea similar to those fancy yet multi-functional garages. Don’t worry. You can make that too. First, you need to lay a concrete slab. And then comes the fancy part – flooring for your garage.
- You can use stain to polish your concrete floor to resemble it like a wooden floor.
- The use of epoxy-polyurethane or poly-aspartic sealed floor is advisable for those who are looking for DIY projects in their ATV shed.
There is so much that you can do with the floor. It all boils down to your specific needs, taste, and budget.
The raw material of your metal ATV shed is extremely vital in deciding its life span. We recommend that you choose high-quality certified metal from a reputed steel dealer for the best lifespan. You may even get a warranty over your metal panels and frame. So, do not forget to ask about it.
Pay extra attention to your roof & posts. That is what will bear most of the load from snow and rain. Go for a frame that equally divides the load from the roof to the rest of the structure. This will give your metal shed extra structural integrity and make it long lasting.
Don’t go light on the garage door. They can be a game changer in the long run. Did you know that just having a new sturdy garage door gives you an ROI of about 102.7%? Yes, that’s right. You get your invested money back.
While you are still thinking of ATV shed ideas, ensure the entry doors are best. Additionally, it will ensure your shed’s safety. All your beloved stored items will be safe & secure inside.
If you live in a relatively warmer or cooler climate, choosing an insulator will be the best option. Insulator will help keep your interior cooler in summer and warmer during winter. It helps prevent condensation & minimizes moisture built-up.
Considering using your metal ATV shed as a multi-purpose? You should probably go for skylights, vents, and windows for ample natural light and to maintain air circulation.
Note: It would be helpful if you do any major customization along with the designing and installation. Afterward, it will cost you extra with labor charges and design changes.
But Why Choose Metal As ATV Storage Building?
Simply because of the following reasons:
- Long lasting
- Retains its structural integrity
- Pest & mold resistance
- Metal posts do not rot or decay
- Withstand harsh climatic conditions like tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. (unless a direct hit)
On The Whole
Owning an ATV is just one part, as these vehicles are pretty high-maintenance. Parking them in the open in your backyard or front yard may make your neighbor envy you, but that won’t be good for your ATV or your wallet. When kept in the open, your ATV will stand up front, facing nature’s elements and scratches from debris, tree branches or twigs, or kids playing around.
It may get dented by heavier items like a baseball that came flying from the street or by a big hail during winter. Owning a dedicated metal ATV storage building not only protects your vehicle but also adds square footage to your property.
Metal ATV storage building is one of the best cost-effective options for you. You can contact a certified metal dealer or manufacturer for the best deals. If you are on a budget, do not forget to check out various ATV sheds for sale around you. You would be surprised to know how much you can save on it.